Country Mashed Potato Bites by Pioneer
Prep: 15 min., Cook 15 min
Makes 20 Bites
- 1 pkg Pioneer Country Gravy Mix (prepared)
- 1 1/2 cups instant Mashed Potatoes
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 bunch chives, thinly sliced for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400˚F.
- In a saucepan, prepare Pioneer Country Gravy Mix to package instructions.
- Add instant mashed potatoes and fold together until evenly combined. Allow the mixture to cool for 3-5 minutes or until 140˚F.
- Add eggs, 1 at a time, waiting until each egg is incorporated before adding the next egg.
- Fold in cheddar cheese.
- Transfer to a large piping bag fitted with a ½ -inch star piping tip and pipe 1-inch stars onto to a prepared baking sheet, spacing them about ½ -inch apart.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and garnish with bacon and chives while still warm.