Time: 10 min
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 egg yolk
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- Finely grate the garlic into the bowl using a microplane or fine grader. Add the kosher salt and egg yolk. Whisk briefly and combine.
- Whisking constantly, add the oil a few drops at a time. (you can stabalize the bowl by wrapping a damp towel around it) As the aioli starts to emulsify, increase the oil addition to a thin, steady stream, continuing to whisk at a brisk pace.
- Once all oil has been added, whisk a few more times to ensure that the mixture is thoroughly emulsified. Whisk in lemon juice. Taste for salt and adjust accordingly.
Note: Will keep for up to one week in the fridge in a tightly sealed container. If your sauce breaks, try vigorously whisking in 1 more egg yolk. Or, whisk in a splash of ice water.