- 5 cups corn cut from the cob (~4 large ears) (or frozen corn, not thawed)
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 tsp each salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise (can cut down to 2 tbsp)
- 1/4 cup sour cream (or yogurt)
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese , finely grated
- 1 tbsp Jalapeno, deseeded and finely chopped (optional)
- 1 cup cilantro leaves, roughly chopped
- 1 cup green onion , finely sliced (2 stems)
- 1/2 red onion , finely chopped
- 2 – 3 tbsp lime juice , fresh (plus more to taste)
- 2 oz. Cotija or Feta
- Jalapeno slices
- Cilantro leaves
- lime wedges
- Cut off kernels: Cut the corn off the cob. If using frozen, do not thaw.
- Brown corn: Melt butter in a large skillet over high heat. Add garlic and stir for 10 seconds. Add corn and cook for 5 minutes, stirring every now and then, until you get lovely golden brown bits and the corn is cooked and sweet (don’t stir constantly, harder to brown).
- Season corn: Add salt and pepper halfway through cooking corn.
- Toss with dressing: Transfer corn into large bowl. Add mayonnaise, sour cream, lime juice and parmesan. Toss well to combine – heat will “melt” dressing. Add cilantro, red onion, green onion and jalapeno. Toss again.
Serve: Transfer to serving bowl. Crumble cotija/feta and garnishes of choice over corn. Serve warm or at room temperature.