Pig Candy (Candied Bacon)
By Terrie Lewis(2) | March 05, 2020
- 1 pound thick cut bacon
- 1 tablespoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 cup light brown sugar packed
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Place a wire rack on a foil lined baking sheet. Arrange the bacon on the wire rack and sprinkle with the black pepper. Lightly pat the brown sugar on top of the bacon to create a thin layer.
- Transfer the baking sheet to the oven and bake for 25 minutes or until the brown sugar has melted and the bacon is crisp.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes. Using tongs, transfer the bacon to a parchment lined baking sheet and allow to cool to room temperature.
Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days at room temperature