Roasted Broccoli with Parmesan
By Terrie Lewis(2) | November 10, 2020
- 1 1/2 pounds broccoli, cut into florets of even size
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Juice from half a lemon, about 1 Tbsp
- 2-3 garlic cloves, minced
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese, or to taste
- Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C).
- In a large bowl toss the broccoli florets and minced garlic with olive oil and lemon juice until lightly coated. Sprinkle salt over the broccoli and toss to coat.
- Arrange the broccoli florets in a single layer on a baking sheet that has been rubbed with some olive oil or lined with parchment paper or aluminum foil.
- Roast at 425°F (220°C) for 16-20 minutes until cooked through (check by poking with a fork, should be fork tender) and lightly browned.
- Put the roasted broccoli back in the bowl and toss with lots of freshly ground black pepper and the grated parmesan cheese.