Spicy Cream Cheese Sausage Balls
Total Time: 45 min
8 Servings (approx 64 balls)
- 1 pound hot pork sausage
- 8 ounce block cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups baking mix
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese*
- 1/2 to 1 tsp hot sauce
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees. Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, mix together 1-pound hot pork sausage, hot sauce, and 8 ounce block cream cheese, softened (this can be done in a bowl with a hand mixer or by hand as well.)
- Add in 2 cups baking mix and stir until combined.
- Fold in 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese. (*Feel free to add a little more cheese). Stir until combined.
- Scoop up mixture and form into 1-inch balls and place on baking sheet. You can just roll them around in your hand if they don’t come out round enough.
- Place baking sheets in the refrigerator for 10 minutes to chill (this will help keep them from spreading out while baking.)
- Once they are chilled, bake for about 25 minutes.
If desired, serve with your favorite dipping sauce.