By Terrie Lewis(2) | August 31, 2020
- ½ kilo of corn tortillas (1.1 lbs)
- Olive oil
- 5 serrano peppers
- 3 tomatoes
- ½ onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1-2 eggs per person/serving
- La Vaquita® Crema Mexicana
- La Vaquita® Queso Fresco
Optional: Leftover cooked meat of your choice
- Take a couple of tortillas and cut them into four parts. Then put them on a baking tray and add a few drops of olive oil on them. Put them in the oven for a few minutes until they start to brown.
- Clean the peppers by breaking them in half and removing the seeds. Place them with the tomatoes on the comal to toast them a little.
- Then grind the tomatoes and peppers in a blender with onion and garlic. Add ¼ cup of water.
- In another pot, place two tablespoons of oil and empty the sauce and a little salt. Heat and after a few minutes, pour the sauce onto a plate full of the freshly made tortilla chips.
- Fry an egg to taste and place on top of the chilaquiles.
- Serve adding La Vaquita® Crema Mexicana and La Vaquita® Queso Fresco to taste.