Cream Cheese Peach Cobbler
Time: 1 hour 20 mins
- ½ cup butter, melted
- 1 package (8oz.) cream cheese, softened
- 1 and ½ cups, plus 3 tablespoons granulated sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups milk
- 4 cups fresh peaches, sliced
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Pour melted butter in a 9×13-inch baking dish.
- In a large mixing bowl beat cream cheese with 3 Tablespoons granulated sugar and vanilla until well combined.
- In a separate large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt and 1 and ½ cups of granulated sugar.
- Whisk in milk until smooth.
- Pour batter into baking dish on top of melted butter being careful to not stir in the melted butter from the bottom of the dish.
- Arrange and spread sliced peaches on top of batter
- Drop heaping teaspoons of cream cheese mixture on the top of the peaches and batter.
- Cover with foil and bake for 25 minutes in 375°F oven.
- Uncover and continue baking and additional 35 to 40 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 15 minutes.
*Serve warm with your choice of toppings: Powdered sugar, dollop of whipped topping or whipped cream, scoop of vanilla ice cream