Easy Turkey Taco Salad
Total Time: 25 mins
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound ground turkey
- kosher or sea salt and pepper
- 1 15-16-ounce container store-bought salsa
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 12 oz. bag of Garden Salad or 1 head romaine/iceberg lettuce, cut into pieces
- 2 Roma Tomatoes, chopped
- ½ 9-10.5 ounce bag tortilla chips
- 1 15 or 16 oz can/pouch pinto beans, rinsed
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 cup grated Cheddar
Optional: Sliced Jalapeno, red onion or 1 6-ounce can sliced black olives
- Heat the oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the turkey and ½ teaspoon each salt and pepper. Cook, breaking the meat up with a spoon, until no longer pink, 5 to 6 minutes.
- Drain turkey. Stir in half the salsa and cook until heated through, about 1 minute.
- In a small bowl, combine the sour cream and remaining salsa to make a dressing.
- Divide the lettuce mixture, tomatoes, chips, turkey mixture, beans, & avocado, among bowls. (add optional olives or jalapenos) Top with cheese and serve with the dressing or condiments of choice.