Florida Citrus Squares
By Terrie Lewis(2) | April 12, 2020
- 1 cup Pioneer Original or Buttermilk Baking Mix
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 3 tbsp orange juice
- 2 tbsp Pioneer Original or Buttermilk Baking Mix
- 2 tsp lemon peel, grated
- 1 tbsp powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350˚F.
- Combine 1 cup Pioneer Baking Mix, butter and 1/4 cup powdered sugar in a mixing bowl; blend well.
- Press mixture onto bottom and 1/2-inch up sides of 8 x 8 x 2-inch baking dish. Bake 15 to 20 minutes until lightly browned. Remove from oven.
- Beat eggs at medium speed with electric mixer until foamy. Add sugar, orange juice and 2 tablespoons Pioneer Baking Mix. Beat on medium speed 3 minutes. Stir in lemon peel.
- Pour over crust. Continue baking 18 to 20 minutes until center is set. Cool completely on a wire rack. Sprinkle with remaining powdered sugar and cut into squares