COOK TIME: 40 min, CHILL TIME: 3 hrs
- 1 (9″) baked pie crust
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 4 oz. cream cheese
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 8 oz. whipped topping or 1 ½ cups heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped peanuts
- ¼ teaspoon flakey sea salt
- ½ cup Chocolate chips and extra nuts for topping
- Preheat your oven to 375°F.
- If using heavy whipping cream: In a medium sized mixing bowl, beat 1 ½ cups of heavy whipping cream until stiff peaks form. Place in the fridge to keep cold.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese, peanut butter and powdered sugar until smooth.
- Use a large spatula to gently fold half of the whipped topping or whipped cream into the peanut butter mixture. Fold in the remaining whipped cream and pour the filling into the prepared pie crust.
- Smooth the top of the filling and sprinkle with chopped peanuts, chocolate chips and flaked sea salt. Chill for at least 3 hours to set the center.
Homemade whipped cream can be replaced with an 8 oz. container of frozen whipped topping. Let thaw in fridge before using.
To Store: Keep covered in the fridge for up to 3 days.
To Freeze: Keep frozen for up to 3 months wrapped tightly in plastic wrap