Time: 15 min
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 ounce package ramen noodles, seasoning packet removed
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1 1/2 lbs green or Napa cabbage, about 8-10 cups shredded
- 1 bunch green onions, sliced thin, about 1/2 cup
- 1/2 cup light flavored olive oil
- 1/4 cup plain white vinegar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- Carrot Shreds
- Wonton Crisps
- To make the dressing: Combine the oil, vinegar, sugar, and soy sauce in a jar and shake until the sugar has dissolved.
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. While the butter is melting, crush the ramen noodles while still inside the package. Remove the seasoning packet (throw away or set aside for later use). Add the noodles and almonds, to the melted butter in the skillet.
- Saute while stirring frequently, until the noodle mixture is golden brown. Remove to a plate and let cool.
- Shred the cabbage and combine the cabbage and onions in a large mixing bowl. Add the noodle mixture. Pour the dressing over the salad and toss well to combine. Add optional garnishes if desired. Serve immediately.
Notes: To keep the crunch, mix the cabbage and noodles with the dressing right before serving.