Taco Bake by Jimmy Dean
Prep: 25 min, Cook: 30 min
- 1 package Pork Sausage Roll: Hot
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 cans (14 ½ ounces each) diced tomatoes, un-drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) kidney beans, drained, or Ranch Style beans
- ½ cup water
- 1 package (1 ¼ ounces) low sodium taco seasoning mix
- 10 cups restaurant-style tortilla chips (10 ounces), coarsely broken
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- Sour cream or Mexican crema and chopped fresh cilantro for serving (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Cook sausage and onion in large skillet over MEDIUM-HIGH heat 8-10 minutes or until sausage is thoroughly cooked, stirring frequently; drain. Return sausage mixture to skillet.
- Add tomatoes, beans, water and seasoning mix; stir. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to MEDIUM-LOW; simmer 10 minutes or until slightly thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Place broken tortilla chips in lightly greased 13×9-inch baking dish; cover with layers of 1 cup cheese, sausage mixture and remaining cheese.
- Bake 30 minutes. Cut into 8 squares. Serve topped with sour cream and cilantro, if desired