Apple Vanilla Wafer Crisp
Total Time: 55 min
Makes 11 1/2 cup servings
- 4 large Granny Smith or Gala apples (2 lb.), peeled, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar, divided
- 2 tsp. ground cinnamon, divided
- 1/3 cup old-fashioned or quick-cooking oats
- 1/4 cup cold butter
- 25 Vanilla Wafers, crushed
- 1-1/2 cups thawed frozen whipped topping or ice cream
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Toss apples with 1/4 cup sugar and 1 tsp. cinnamon. Spoon into 8- or 9-inch square baking dish.
- Combine oats, remaining sugar and cinnamon in medium bowl. Cut in butter with pastry blender or 2 knives until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in wafer crumbs; sprinkle over apples.
- Bake 30 to 35 min. or until apples are tender. Serve topped with whipped topping or ice cream.