Black Bean, Rice and Cheese Burrito Bowl
By Terrie Lewis | January 02, 2023
Time 15 mins – 4 servings
Calories: 300, 7 grams fat
- 1 tablespoon canola or vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, cut into thin strips
- 1/2 red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1/2 medium green bell pepper, cut in strips
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 15 ounces can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- 1 cup can or frozen (thawed) whole kernel corn
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon chipotle chili powder
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 2 cups Daisy Cottage Cheese
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium heat. Cook and stir the onion and peppers for 3 minutes.
- Add the garlic; cook and stir for 30 seconds longer. Stir in the beans, rice, corn, cilantro, cumin, chili powder and half of the salsa. Divide among 4 bowls.
- Wipe out the skillet. Heat the skillet over low heat. Add the cottage cheese; heat through, stirring constantly. Divide the cottage cheese evenly on top of the bean mixture in each bowl.
- Top with the remaining salsa.