Brussels Sprouts with Cider Gravy
By Terrie Lewis(2) | October 16, 2019
- 2 cups Pioneer Roast Pork Gravy, prepared
- ¼ cup Olive oil
- 1 lb. Brussels sprouts, cut in half lengthwise
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1 cup Apple cider
- ½ tsp. Thyme, dried (1 tbsp. if using fresh, picked, thyme)
- PREPARE Pioneer Roast Pork Gravy, per package instructions, set aside.
- ADD olive oil to large sauté pan and then fill the bottom of the pans with as many cut side-down Brussels sprouts as will fit. Add the remaining Brussels sprouts on top. Season with salt.
- SET flame to medium-high and sear the Brussels sprouts, stir to sear as many Brussels sprouts as you can, continuing to sear until most are a deep brown.
- ADD apple cider and prepared gravy to pan with Brussels sprouts, carefully as it will boil quickly, then reduce heat to medium-low and cover pan with lid.
- COOK for about 5 minutes, until half of the liquid has evaporated. Then remove lid and continue to cook until gravy is thick, and Brussels sprouts are soft (3-5 minutes).
Tip: have a lid close by when adding the cider and the gravy as the liquid will boil quickly and may splatter. This is necessary to steam/braise the Brussels quickly and properly