Honey Bunches of Oats® with Almonds Muffins
By Terrie Lewis | November 19, 2022
Prep 25 min, Total Time 1hr 8min
- 3 ½ cups Honey Bunches of Oats® with Almonds cereal
- 10 tablespoons butter
- 1 ½ cups brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons almond extract
- 2 cups flour
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a food processor, grind 2 cups of Honey Bunches of Oats with Almonds cereal and set aside.
- Mix together 1 stick butter (8 tablespoons) and 1 ¼ cups brown sugar.
- Add the eggs and the almond extract and mix until fully combined.
- Add the flour, baking powder and milk.
- Fold in the ground Honey Bunches of Oats with Almonds cereal.
- Evenly fill a lined, 12 cup muffin tin with cupcake liners and bake for 10 minutes.
- In a food processor, grind the remaining cereal.
- To make the brown sugar topping, mix the ground cereal with 2 tablespoons of melted butter and ¼ cup of brown sugar. Mix until fully combined. Set aside the topping mixture.
- After 10 minutes, take the muffins out of the oven and gently press the topping mixture onto the muffins equally. Put the muffins back into the oven for 18-20 more minutes.
- Allow muffins to cool for at least 15 minutes before removing from muffin tin.