Sancocho (Latin American Stew)
By Terrie Lewis(2) | January 14, 2020
- 1 Bag of Mambo Sancocho Vegetables Pumpkin, Cassava, White Dasheen, Sweet Potato, Plantain, Corn, Yam
- 2-3 Tbsp of Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp Sugar
- 2 Chicken breasts cut into chucks
- 1 Tbsp of All-Purpose Seasoning
- 1 Tbsp of Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 lb of Smoked Pork we used ham hocks
- 1 lb of Smoked Ham diced into chucks
- 8 cups of Water
- 1 Cilantro bunch
- 2 cups of Red Kidney Bean Stew Habichuelas Coloradas Guisadas
- 1 Tbsp of White Vinegar
- Heat the olive oil in a large stock pot over medium heat.
- Add the sugar, chicken, all-purpose seasoning and stir.
- Once chicken has browned a little add the Worcestershire sauce, cover pot and allow chicken to cook for 3 minutes.
- Add smoked pork, (ham hocks, smoked rib or sausage), smoked ham and water.
- Cover and bring to a boil.
- Add Mambo Sancocho Vegetables and cilantro.
- Cover and cook for 15-20 minutes, until vegetables are tender.
- Remove cilantro. Add the kidney bean stew, vinegar, stir and simmer until thickened.
Season to taste.