Slow Cooker Glazed Ham
By Terrie Lewis(2) | January 02, 2020
- 1 Kountry Boys 7.5 – 8 pound unsliced, bone-in ham
- 1 cup apple juice
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons brown mustard
- 2 tablespoons of cornstarch
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- freshly ground pepper to taste
- Trim excess fat and skin from the ham.
- Use a paring knife to slice a grid pattern into the ham.
- Add ham and 1 cup of apple juice to slow cooker.
- Heat for 5-6 hours on low, until heated through.
- Remove ham from slow cooker and let rest for 20 minutes.
- Prepare glaze: Bring pure maple syrup, dark brown sugar, mustard, pepper and cornstarch to a boil. Let boil 2-3 minutes, stirring constantly until mixture starts to thicken. Add orange juice.
- Let glaze cool for about 5 minutes.
- Pat ham dry and spoon glaze over ham.
- Heat ham under broiler 5-7 minutes until glaze has caramelized