Air Fried Cornish Hens
By Terrie Lewis(2) | November 16, 2020
PREP TIME 5 minutes
COOK TIME 45 minutes
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2-3 cornish hens*, about 1 or 1.5 pound each
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
*hens should be brought to room temperature; this helps with even cooking
- Preheat the Air Fryer at 350°F/180°C.
- In a small bowl combine the smoked paprika with garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Drizzle olive oil over the Cornish hens, then season with the dry rub so they’re well coated.
- Place the Cornish hens in the Air Fryer basket, breast side up and air fry for 20 minutes. Flip, and cook for 20 more minutes or until the thickest part of the breast is at least 165°F/74°C.
- Flip again (breast side up) and air fry for 5 more minutes to get crispy skin.
- Using tongs, remove from the air fryer onto a plate, and allow to rest for 10-15 minutes before slicing/serving. Serve with a squeeze of fresh lemon juice if desired.