Makes about 35 4-inch churros
Air Fry Time 10-12 min per batch
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter, cut into cubes
- 2 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- oil spray
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- Put parchment paper or a silicone baking mat on a baking sheet and spray with oil spray.
- In a medium pan add water, butter, sugar, and salt. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and add the flour. Stir constantly with a rubber spatula and cook until the dough comes together and is smooth.
- Remove from heat and transfer the dough to a mixing bowl. Let cool for 4 minutes.
- Add eggs and vanilla to the mixing bowl and mix using an electric hand mixer or stand mixer until dough comes together. The mixture will look like gluey mashed potatoes. Use your hands to press lumps together into a ball and transfer to a large piping bag fitted with a large star-shaped tip.
- Pipe churros onto the greased baking mat, into 4-inch lengths and cut end with scissors.
- Refrigerate piped churros on the baking sheet for 1 hour.
- Carefully transfer churros with a cookie spatula to the Air Fryer basket, leaving about 1/2-inch space between churros. Spray churros with oil spray. You will fry in batches. Air fry at 375 degrees F for 10-12 minutes until golden brown.
- In a bowl combine granulated sugar and cinnamon.
- Immediately transfer baked churros to the bowl with the sugar mixture and toss to coat (a few at at time). Serve warm with raspberry sauce, Nutella, or chocolate dipping sauce.