Chocolate Caramel Brownies
By Terrie Lewis(2) | November 07, 2020
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 45 min
Makes 2 dozen
- 1 package (15.25 ounces) chocolate cake mix
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 1/2 cup NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk, divided
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine, melted
- 17 soft caramels, unwrapped
- 1 cup NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Sea Salt Caramel Truffles
- 1 cup NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Combine cake mix and nuts in large bowl. Stir in 2/3 cup evaporated milk and butter (batter will be thick). Spread half of batter into ungreased 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Heat caramels and remaining evaporated milk in small saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly, until caramels are melted. Sprinkle truffles and morsels over brownie; drizzle with caramel mixture.
- Drop remaining batter by heaping teaspoon over caramel mixture.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until center is set. Cool in pan on wire rack. Cut into 24 squares.