Laura Bush’s Cowboy Cookies
By Terrie Lewis | February 09, 2022
PREP TIME 20 mins
COOK TIME 20 mins
Makes 24 Large Cookies
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups butter, room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups light-brown sugar, packed
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 3 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 2 cups sweetened flake coconut
- 2 cups chopped pecans
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt in bowl.
- In 8-quart bowl, beat butter on medium speed until smooth and creamy, 1 minute. Gradually beat in sugars to combine, 2 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each. Beat in vanilla.
- Stir in flour mixture until just combined. Add chocolate chips, oats, coconut and pecans.
- For each cookie, drop 1/4 cup dough onto ungreased baking sheets, spacing 3 inches apart.
- Bake in 350°F oven 17 to 20 minutes, until edges are lightly browned; rotate sheets halfway through. Remove cookies to rack to cool.