By Terrie Lewis(2) | January 01, 2020
- 2 slices Bread
- 2 large Eggs
- 1 tbsp. Butter
- 4 tsp. Mayonnaise
optional: fresh chopped herbs
- Spread mayonnaise on both sides of 2 slices of bread.
- With a medium heart-shaped cookie cutter, or with a sharp knife, cut centers from bread.
- In 12-inch nonstick skillet, melt butter on medium.
- Add bread (and centers) to skillet. Cook 5 minutes or until golden brown. Turn bread over.
- To each heart-shaped hole, add 1 large egg; sprinkle eggs with a salt and pepper to taste.
- Reduce heat to medium-low. Cook 5 to 7 minutes, or until whites are set. Sprinkle with finely chopped herbs if desired.