Prep: 15 min. Total: 2 hrs.
- 1 box Betty Crocker™ Super Moist™ white cake mix
- Water, oil and eggs called for on cake mix box
- 1/8 teaspoon green gel food color, or to desired shade of green
- 1 family size box (20.5 oz) Lucky Charms™ cereal
- 2 containers Betty Crocker™ Rich & Creamy frosting vanilla
- Heat oven to 350° F. Spray 2 (8-inch) round cake pans with cooking spray; line bottoms with cooking parchment paper circles.
- Make cake batter as directed on box. Stir in food color. Divide batter between pans. Bake about 30 minutes or until tops spring back when touched in center and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans on cooling rack 10 minutes before turning out and cooling completely.
- Meanwhile, remove marshmallows from cereal box to bowl, and set aside.
- Trim off rounded cake tops. Place one layer on cake plate; drop a few tablespoons frosting on center of cake. Spread frosting evenly over cake; top with second layer. Drop about 1/3 cup frosting onto top cake layer, and spread over top and down sides in thin layer to create a “crumb coat—it’s totally fine if you get crumbs in this frosting layer; this acts to seal in the stray crumbs before a final frosting.
- Refrigerate crumb-coated cake 1 hour. Pile remaining frosting on top of cake, and spread evenly over top and sides, making as smooth of a frosted surface as possible. Decorate cake with marshmallows by placing them in neat rows around outside of cake. To decorate top of cake, start with a single marshmallow in center, and encircle it with rings of marshmallows until cake is completely covered in marshmallows