Pioneer Gingerbread House
By Terrie Lewis | November 06, 2021
Prep: 1 Hr., Bake 30-35 min
- 6 cups Pioneer Brand All Purpose Flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups shortening
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup molasses
- ¼ cup corn syrup
- 1 ½ tsp cinnamon, ground
- 1 ½ tsp ground cloves
- 1 ½ tsp ginger
- 1 tbsp meringue powder
- 2 tbsp (or as needed up to an additional 1 ½ tsp) water
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350˚F.
- Grease cookie sheets or line with parchment paper or use a non-stick baking mat.
- Cream the shortening and the sugar.
- Blend in the salt and eggs.
- Add molasses and corn syrup.
- Add spices and flour.
- Form the dough into a ball. On a flat and smooth floured surface roll the dough into 1/4″ thickness. Cut out desired shapes.
- Bake the shapes 30-35 minutes until hard to the touch. Shapes must be harder than regular cookies to ensure the integrity of shape.
TO MAKE THE ROYAL ICING:
- Whisk the meringue powder and water until frothy. You can use a stand or hand mixer.
- Add powdered sugar and whip on high speed until icing is thick and bright white.