Prep time: 15 min, Cook time: 60 min
- 3 Cups Dried Red Beans
- 1 Tablespoon Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Flour
- 2 Cups Onions, Chopped
- 1 Pound Smoked Sausage
- 2 Tablespoons Tony’s Original Creole Seasoning
- 4 Cups Green Onions, Chopped
- In a medium pot, soak beans overnight in enough water to cover.
- Drain and rinse.
- Heat oil in deep pot over low heat. Add flour, onions and garlic. Stir frequently and cook until light brown.
- Add smoked sausage and beans. Add enough water to cover the beans. Season with Tony’s Original Creole Seasoning.
- Cook slowly until beans are tender (about an hour) stirring often.
- Serve over steamed rice and garnish with green onions