Sweet Chipotle Pecans
By Terrie Lewis(2) | October 20, 2020
Hit fall running with the perfect smoky snack with just the right amount of sugar and spice.
1/3 cup Imperial Sugar Confectioners Powdered Sugar
1/2 teaspoon chipotle powder
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
4 teaspoons water
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cups raw pecan halves
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside. Set oven rack to middle position.
- Whisk together sugar, chipotle powder, cayenne pepper, salt ,and water. Fold in pecans to coat evenly.
- Pour pecans on lined baking sheet, arranging them into a single layer with a spoon so they are evenly spread out.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the caramel is a dark brown, but not burned.
- Remove from oven and immediately slide off parchment paper sheet with pecans onto a cooling surface. Let cool for 15-20 minutes.
- If any pecans are clustered together, break them apart. Transfer to a serving bowl and enjoy.
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Ericka Sanchez @nibblesandfeasts.