Zesty Italian Style Tuna Casserole
By Terrie Lewis(2) | June 04, 2020
Prep: 5 Min Cook: 25 Min – 2 Servings
- 2 (2.6 oz.) Pouches – 25% Less Sodium Chunk Light Tuna in Water
- ⅔ cup small whole grain pasta
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tsp. minced garlic
- 1⁄2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) diced tomatoes with italian seasonings, No salt added.
- 1⁄4 cup mozzarella cheese, part skim (plus additional 1 – 2 Tbsp. for topping)
- Red pepper flakes to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cook pasta according to package directions, until just tender.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in small skillet. Sauté onion and garlic for about 5 minutes, until softened. Add mushrooms and sauté an additional 3 – 4 minutes until softened.
- Mix in tuna, tomatoes, red pepper flakes, pasta and cheese.
- Spoon into 2 single-serving casserole dishes and bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle with additional cheese and bake another 5 minutes to melt cheese.