Charlie’s Corn Chowdah by Starkist®
By Terrie Lewis(2) | December 02, 2020
- 1 (6.4 oz.) Pouch or 2 (2.6 oz.) Pouches or 2 (5 oz.) Cans – Chunk Light or Albacore White Tuna (if using cans, drained and chunked)
- 2 Tbsp. butter or margarine
- 1⁄2 cup diced celery
- 1⁄2 cup diced carrots
- 1⁄2 cup diced onions
- 2 Tbsp. flour
- 1 tsp. dried thyme leaves
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) canned creamed corn
- 2 cups milk
- 1 tsp. instant bouillon, chicken flavored
- 1 cup water
- In a medium saucepan melt butter over medium heat; add celery, onion and carrots and cook about 3 minutes or until slightly tender.
- Add flour and thyme; blend well. Cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Add corn, milk, tuna, water and bouillon, stirring to blend. Cover and simmer for 5 minutes to heat through (do not allow to boil).