Easy Chicken Enchilada Soup
By Terrie Lewis | September 30, 2021
Prep: 10 min
Cook: 20 min
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped (see note)
- 1/2 cup masa harina
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 10 oz red enchilada sauce
- 2 cups cooked diced chicken breast
- 14 oz canned Black beans
- 10-ounce Rotel (mild or spicy)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- Tortilla chips or Fried Corn Tortilla strips
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Chopped cilantro
- Diced Avocado
- Heat the olive oil over medium heat in a large pot. Add the onions and cook them for four to five minutes or until they soften.
- Add the masa harina and stir. Cook it with the onion for about a minute and then add the chicken broth. Stir until the masa dissolves into the broth.
- Add the enchilada sauce, chicken, beans, Rotel, and salt. Stir and bring the soup to a boil. Lower the heat to maintain a simmer and simmer the soup for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in the cream cheese. Stir until it’s melted into the soup. Ladle into bowls and top each with your favorite garnishes.