Minnesota Juicy Lucy Burger
By Terrie Lewis | April 20, 2022
Total Time 20-25 min. Makes 1 Burger
- 1 hamburger bun
- 2 ground beef patties, 1/4 pound
- 2 slices american cheese
- ⅓ cup onion, grilled, diced
- sandwich pickle
- butter, as needed
- Brush melted butter on the inside surfaces of the hamburger bun and place on a pan or griddle on low heat.
- While the bun is toasting, flatten each beef patty so that it’s about ¼ inch thick.
- Place the cheese in the middle of one of the patties, then cover it with the other patty.
- Push the patties together and pinch the edges, so the cheese won’t seep through.
- Place meat on a griddle or pan over medium high heat. Cook 5-10 minutes per side or until juices start spilling out.
- Add pickles to the bottom half of the bun, followed by the onions. Then top it off with the cooked burger and top bun. Be careful – the cheese is super hot inside!