Prep: 10 Minutes
Cook: 30 Minutes
1. Cook the chorizo by gently breaking it apart in a large sauce pan over medium-high heat, about 7-10 minutes. Remove chorizo.
2. Add the oil and onion (alternatively, leave a tablespoon of chorizo fat and omit oil) saute until tender, about 4 minutes.
3. Add the garlic and cumin and saute until fragrant, about a minute.
4. Add the chorizo, broth, pumpkin puree, drained black beans, drained corn, diced tomatoes, and oregano, bring to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
5. Season with salt and pepper. Add garnishes.
Optional: Sour cream, cheese, pepitas, and tortilla chips are all great garnishes
If you can't find an item you're searching for, let us know! We're always looking for ways to improve your Food Town experience, and we'll do our best to make that product available. Make a suggestion
30 Houston-Area Locations