Quick Chicken Noodle Soup
By Terrie Lewis(2) | October 26, 2020
Total Time: 30 min
- 1 tablespoon butter
- ½ cup chopped onion
- ½ cup chopped celery
- 4 (14.5 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can vegetable broth
- ½ pound chopped cooked chicken breast
- 1 ½ cups egg noodles (or other type pasta)
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large pot over medium heat, melt butter. Cook onion and celery in butter until just tender, about 5 minutes.
- Pour in the broths and stir in chicken, noodles, carrots, basil, oregano, salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer 20 minutes before serving.