Prep: 5 min, Total Time: 30 min
- 1 1/2 lb. ground beef
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 jalapeño, chopped (optional)
- 2 14.5-oz. cans fire roasted tomatoes
- 1 1-oz. packet taco seasoning
- 1 4-oz. can green chiles
- 1 qt. chicken broth
- 1 15-oz. can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 15-oz. can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 15-oz. can of corn, drained
- Salt, to taste
For Serving: Sour cream, Cilantro, Grated cheddar cheese, Avocado & additional sliced jalapeno
- Heat a large Dutch oven over medium heat. Add the beef and onion and cook, stirring to break the beef into small pieces, until it is no longer pink and the onion is softened, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Stir in the garlic and jalapeño, if using, and cook, stirring, for two minutes.
- Stir in the tomatoes, taco seasoning, green chiles, chicken broth, corn, pinto beans, and black beans. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce the heat to medium-low, partially cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until the flavors meld, about 20 minutes. Season with salt to taste.
- Serve, topped with avocado, sour cream, cilantro leaves, cheddar cheese, to your preference.