Shaved Brussels Sprouts Salad
By Terrie Lewis(2) | November 16, 2020
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 5 strips cooked & chopped bacon
- 1 pound brussels sprouts, hard ends trimmed
- 1 large apple, cored and diced (recommend honeycrisp)
- 1/2 cup almonds, chopped
- Optional Additions: crumbled feta, dried cranberries, handful of other chopped nuts like walnut and pecans
Honey Mustard Vinaigrette
- 3/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp mustard
- 1 small clove garlic, mined
- 1/2 tsp salt or to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper or to taste
- Add all of the ingredients listed for the vinaigrette to a small cup or jar and whisk until fully combined. Season with more salt and pepper if needed, and set aside while you make the salad
- Shave the brussels sprouts. Use a food processor with the slicing attachment and pulse until the brussels sprouts are thinly sliced. You can also use a mandoline or sharp knife.
- Once the sprouts are chopped and sliced place them in fine mesh strainer/colander and rinse with water to clean out any dirt or sand.
- Add the brussels sprouts, bacon, apple and almonds to a large salad bowl and toss well to combine.
- Just before serving, pour the vinaigrette over the salad and toss to coat.