prep time 15 min, cook time 5 min
- 10 ounce grilling steak, such as rib-eye
- ½ teaspoon EACH: salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon avocado oil
- 4 ounces arugula or other quality lettuce
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- ½ English cucumber, diced
- ½ avocado, sliced
- ¼ cup thinly sliced red onions
- Optional: Crumbled Blue Cheese, Kalamata Olives
The Creamy Balsamic Dressing
- ½ tablespoon EACH: grainy mustard, dijon mustard, and balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- A pinch of salt and pepper
- Take the steak out of your fridge and evenly coat both sides with the salt and pepper. Add all the salad ingredients to a salad bowl.
- Heat a cast iron or heavy-bottomed pan over high heat. Drizzle the avocado oil over both sides of the steak. When the pan starts to smoke, add the steak and let it cook undisturbed for 3-4 minutes. Flip the steak over and let it cook for 3-4 minutes more*. Transfer the steak to a cutting board and let it rest.
- While the steak is resting, whisk the salad dressing ingredients in a small bowl. Thin the dressing with up to a tablespoon of water, as needed. Pour the dressing over the salad and toss.
- Thinly slice the steak across the grain and serve it over the salad. Add Blue Cheese or olives if desired.
* cook steak longer if you like it well done.