Prep time: 10 min – Cook time: 20 min
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 packet taco seasoning,, 1.25 oz
- 2 (9 oz.) packages romaine lettuce
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup grape tomatoes (can slice if half is desired)
- 16 oz Catalina or french dressing
- 2 cups crushed nacho chips( a bowl-shaped tortilla can be used also)
- Optional: black olives, sour cream
- In a large skillet, brown the ground beef with chopped onion over medium heat. Drain the grease.
- Add taco seasoning and water per instructions on the packet. Bring the taco seasoning to a boil, then lower the heat to simmer for 5 minutes. Set aside and allow the taco meat to thoroughly cool.
- Put romaine lettuce in a large bowl. Add chopped red pepper, black beans, crushed nacho chips, half of the shredded cheese, half of the grape tomatoes and all of the taco meat.
- Pour Catalina dressing over the classic taco salad and toss to coat.
- Top with the remaining shredded cheese and grape tomatoes