A Grocery Guide to Healthy Snacks
Establishing quality eating habits you can stick to doesn’t mean going without — especially with so many healthy snacks out there. It’s all about smart shopping at your neighborhood Food Town — and a little added willpower, too. We’ve pulled together a handy grocery guide to help you scope out healthy snacks that keep you going whether you’re planning to eat on the go or in the comfort of your home.
Healthy Snacks on the Go
When you’re busy, (And let’s face it, when aren’t you?) it’s easy to turn to unhealthy snacking habits. Thankfully, Food Town’s shelves are stocked with nutrient-rich and protein-packed pantry items.
- Grab-and-Go Fruit: Pears and easy-peel clementine oranges are bursting with flavor, fiber and vitamin C. Did we mention they’re in season all year long? Check out our produce section for fresh picks and in-store coupons. (And don’t forget, our produce is delivered fresh each day!)
- Nuts and Dried Fruit: These are a great source of protein and energy that keep your metabolism going throughout the day. You can add these to your pantry for emergency snacking or combine your faves into a tasty trail mix. If you prefer your dried fruits and nuts in the form of a protein bar, Kind Bars come in a variety of natural flavors.
- Yogurt and Grains: This duo has metabolic benefits that naturally regulate your digestive system. An easy way to incorporate these into your diet is adding an Activia drink or oatmeal with honey to your morning routine. You can also elevate the texture of yogurt with granola or Ocean Spray Craisins.
Healthy Snacks at Home
If you’re looking for some inspiration in the kitchen, you came to the right place! We’ve selected a few of our favorite recipes that will keep your tummy and taste buds satisfied.
- For a quick and nutritious breakfast, try whipping up one or two Hearty Open-Faced Sandwiches. Healthy fats and carbs provide your body with energy throughout the day, so you can perform your best.
- These next recipes are healthy alternatives to junk food and absolutely bursting with flavor. Chicken Lettuce Wraps with Peanut Sauce and Chili Lime Air Fried Chickpeas replace unnecessary carbohydrates with lean protein. Empty calories from junk food lack nutritional value, so they won’t keep you full for long. Eating an entire bowl of Chili Lime Chickpeas is much better for your metabolism than eating an entire bag of potato chips.
- While we’re on the subject of air frying healthy snacks, these Air Fried Brussel Sprouts have crispiness down to a science. Brussel sprouts are rich in antioxidants and vitamin C, which help your body fight both short-term and long-term illnesses. (And the air fryer ranks among our favorite kitchen gadgets!)
Updating your grocery list is a solid next step toward a healthier lifestyle, and we hope these tips help. Follow our Healthy Eating Pinterest board for more helpful tips and ideas — and stop by your neighborhood Food Town to see us soon!